MN Medical Marijuana Certification and Approval Process
In 2014 the State of Minnesota passed a law that created the Medical Marijuana Program. The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) was tasked with creating guidelines for patients, caregivers and manufacturers to ensure positive health outcomes and safety. MN MDH has created an Office of Medical Cannabis (MNDOH OMC) that now maintains a patient registry of people who have been determined by a registered healthcare provider to have a qualifying condition that allow them to receive medical marijuana as a treatment option.
Placement on the registry allows patients to receive medical cannabis from one of the eight MN approved Medical Cannabis Offices (e.g. dispensaries).
At TimeWise Medical we believe in applying the best solutions to the real problems that our patients face. We believe that for many patients medical marijuana is the safest, most effective treatment option available. We are committed to empowering those in need to navigate the process of receiving medical marijuana in a safe and private manner.
As a patient of Dr. Adam Locketz in the Minnesota Medical Marijuana program you will learn about the process for receiving Medical Marijuana in our State.
EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES OF MEDICAL MARIJUANA CERTIFICATION:
After our consultation the patient/caregiver should be able to define the:
- MN Dept of Health Office of Medical Cannabis
- Certification process for obtaining Medical Marijuana in MN
- Registration process for obtaining Medical Marijuana in MN
- The Approval process for obtaining Medical Marijuana in MN
- Re-Certification process for obtaining Medical Marijuana in MN
- Intractable Pain Intractable Pain Certification Primer MNDOH OMC
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Cancer associated with severe/chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, or cachexia or severe wasting
- Tourette Syndrome
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Seizures, including those characteristic of Epilepsy
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of Multiple Sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Terminal illness, with a probable life expectancy of less than one year*
Who Qualifies for Medical Marijuana in Minnesota?
Certification for Medical Marijuana in Minnesota is based on the following Qualifying Conditions:
If you or a loved one suffers from one of these conditions and would like further information about being placed on the patient registry Timewise Medical is here to help. Adam Locketz, M.D., is a leading marijuana doctor and provides a caring and compassionate environment in which to consider all of your options. Contact us to schedule an appointment.